- The Spotify Family plan costs $ 15.99 per month and allows up to six users to use the service.
- The Family plan also includes a Family Mix playlist and access to a kid-friendly Spotify Kids app.
- Spotify offers four Premium plans designed for individuals, couples, students, and families.
- Visit Insider’s Technical Reference Library for more stories.
Spotify is one of the most popular music
services due to its cross-platform support, extensive music library, and multiple service levels, including a free ad-supported plan. To avoid hearing commercials between songs, you will need one of Spotify’s premium plans. And if you have a household of more than two people, the most economical and convenient choice is probably Spotify’s Family plan.
What the Spotify Family plan offers
The Spotify Family plan includes six premium accounts, sufficient for most large families. All accounts are ad-free. The plan also includes a few perks designed specifically for families, including the ability to block explicit music.
- Family mix is an automated playlist that combines the tracks that each member of the plan listens to. The playlist is updated regularly.
- Spotify Kids is a separate mobile app designed just for kids. It includes songs and playlists specially designed for young listeners.
How much does a Spotify Family plan cost
Spotify Family costs $ 15.99 per month. If you take advantage of the six accounts, that’s about $ 2.70 per user, which is significantly more profitable than a standard individual account, which costs $ 9.99 per month (or even the student membership, which costs $ 4. $ 99 per month).
There is no minimum time required to keep a family plan; you can start and cancel at any time, but you’ll be billed for an entire month at a time. If you’ve never signed up for a Spotify Premium plan before, you can get a 30-day free trial when you sign up. If the Family plan isn’t right for you, you can cancel without paying anything as long as you cancel the plan before the end of the first 30 days.
How to subscribe to a Spotify Family plan
To subscribe to a Spotify Family plan, go to the Spotify plans page. Here you can directly compare each of the four plans offered by Spotify: Individual, Duo, Family and Student. (A couple without children will likely prefer the Duo plan at $ 12.99 per month.)
When you are ready, click To start subfamily. Then log into your existing Spotify account if needed (even your free account is fine) or click Sign up for Spotify and create an account.
If you already have a Premium account, such as an individual plan of $ 9.99 per month, your plan will automatically upgrade to Family when you complete the registration process.