Labor Day weekend will be here before we know it. Start making plans before school starts.
Carnival rides, live music and lots of fun to be found at a local fair.
Last chance for Dinosauria
Don’t miss the dinosaurs! Labor Day weekend is Dinosauria’s final weekend at the Detroit Zoo. Check out the immersive experience that features 29 lifelike animatronic dinosaurs, including a towering 65-foot-long Brachiosaurus!
FREE admission to the Museum
The Sloan Museum of Discovery is a must-see for families in Michigan, the brand new facility offers interactive high-tech experiences for children of all ages. Find out for FREE on Labor Day weekend, September 2 to 4, thanks to Centraide!
Take the road!
School is starting and the holiday season is not far away. Get away for a day or a weekend.
- Take a dip at the Splash Pad Aquarium or Nature’s Neighborhood Stream, it’s the last weekend for both of these activities this season at the Toledo Zoo.
- Discover Grand Rapids – the beautiful gardens, take a safari at Deer Tracks Junction or have fun in their museums.
- Smell the roses and stroll through the treetops at Dow Gardens in Midland
- Hit the beach and ride the giant slide in Port Huron
- Follow the highway to the Netherlands to reach the beach, Windmill Island Gardens and Project Oz
Enjoy the sun
Almost all outdoor pools, wading pools and beaches are closed for the season after Labor Day, so kick off summer with a bang. Here is a list of wading pools, beaches and water parks in Metro Detroit.
Celebrate fall with cider and donuts
Start the fall off right with your favorite seasonal treat.
Photo credit: Michigan State Fair