What you need to know today, Thursday, December 23, 2021.
High: 40; Low: 33. Cloudy.
Photo of the day
Intruder killed: An Adams County man died after police said he broke into a couple’s home and attacked them. A man in the house shot him, police said.
- See also: Woman Who Didn’t Know A Sex Offender Lived Upstairs Sexually Assaulted, Killed By Him: DA
Not due: Payments on federal student loans will remain suspended until May 1. Interest rates will remain at 0% and debt collection efforts will be suspended.
- See also: Tax breaks for Atlantic City casinos
Revolve around: A Harrisburg family of seven who have been ordered to vacate their dilapidated rental home will be spending Christmas in a hotel. However, a fundraiser gave them over $ 20,000 and the hope of a permanent and stable home.
- See also: Fires destroy several homes in Dauphin County
Election delays? : Election officials warn that if lawmakers don’t hurry and complete a new district voting card, the spring 2022 primary could be pushed back.
- See also: Wolf veto program transparency bill
Farm Show: The Pa. Farm Show is scheduled to open on Jan.8, as the state grapples with a wave of coronavirus. However, one of its main food court vendors has pulled out.
- See also: A New Milkshake Flavor Coming to Farm Show 2022
Omicron fight: President Joe Biden said the government will provide 500 million free rapid home tests, increase support for hospitals and step up vaccination efforts.
- See also: Symptoms of the omicron variant to look for
Pfizer pill: The United States has cleared the first pill against COVID-19, a drug from Pfizer that people will be able to take at home.
- See also: Here’s where you can get tested for COVID-19
Pro Bowl: Harrisburg native and former Penn State star Micah Parsons, who plays for Dallas, was named the NFL Pro Bowl starter.
- See also: The Steelers prepare for a trip to the Chiefs
Back : Ji’Ayir Brown’s decision to return to the squad in 2022 could be good for both the football team and the player.
- See also: What Ellis Brooks’ decision to say in draft means