MIDLAND, MI – Great Lakes Loons offer families a free way to have fun all summer long.
Starting June 21, the Loons will host their “Monday Night Movie Series” at the Dow Diamond in Midland throughout the summer. The series offers seven family-friendly films that families can watch together at no cost.
âWe are thrilled to bring the Monday Night Film Series to our community as another reason for families and friends to come together again,â said Chris Mundhenk, President and CEO of Loons. âThe Dow Diamond video panel is the fifth largest in a minor league baseball stadium in the country and will be the region’s largest movie screen. It will be a spectacular viewing experience for all of our guests. “
The Dow Diamond Home Plate Gate, off State Street, will open at 7:00 p.m. for each event, with the movie starting at 7:30 p.m. Guests planning to attend the event are asked to confirm attendance via online form. The Dow Diamond Playground, Lawn Sections, Seating Bowl and Northern Lights Pavilion will be open to seating. Guests who choose to sit on the playground or on the lawn are encouraged to bring lawn blankets and chairs. Limited concessions will be available for purchase.
The Dow Diamond summer movie schedule is as follows:
- June 21st – Tom and Jerry presented by Farm Bureau Insurance
- July the 5th – The recruit presented by Farm Bureau Insurance
- July 19 – Moana presented by Farm Bureau Insurance
- July 26 – Up! presented by Ayre / Rhinehart Realtors
- August 16 – The Emperor’s New Groove presented by Farm Bureau Insurance
- August 30 – The Incredibles presented by Farm Bureau Insurance
- September 13 – The sand presented by Fisher Sand and Gravel
More from MLive
Main Street in Midland closed to vehicular traffic for “Commons pedestrian plazas”
Bay County Community Center swimming pool to open for 2021 season
New zero waste store in Midland aims to tackle single-use plastic problem