The YouTube Family Membership is great value for money by allowing you to share your membership with other family members. However, lately, many users have complained that they cannot find the family plan subscription or even the free trial and student plans on YouTube. Well, here is how you can get the YouTube Premium Family Plan subscription in India which is otherwise unavailable on the platform.
Related | [Working] How to Make Your Favorite YouTube Videos Public in 2021
Get YouTube Premium Family Plan subscription not available in India
YouTube premium subscriptions, including family plans, are temporarily unavailable on its website and Android app. By visiting the premium YouTube page, you will only see the prepaid plans, priced at Rs. 139 for 1 month and Rs. 399 for 3 months in India.
Citing the new RBI eMandate notification, YouTube mentions that they are unable to offer a free trial, family memberships, or student plans in India. New registrations for a continuous subscription to YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium are also not possible.
Apparently, YouTube has not complied with the new RBI guidelines and therefore cannot issue new electronic warrants. The giant is already working to rectify the situation.
However, the iOS app still allows you to subscribe to the family plan. This is because you are billed by Apple and their policies apply in this case. So, if you have an iPhone or iPad, you can easily subscribe to the YouTube premium family plan, which is not available at the moment. Read on.
Terms & Conditions
- An iPhone or an iPad.
- Family members sharing the plan must live in the same household as the family manager.
- Family members must be over 13 years old.
Steps to Subscribe to the YouTube Premium Family Plan
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap your profile picture in the top right corner.
- To select Get YouTube Premium.
- On the next screen, you will see a banner on YouTube Premium showing its features.
- Here press OR save money with a family membership under the banner.
- This will take you to the Family Plan page, which costs Rs. 249 per month and allows you to add up to 5 family members to your household.
- Click on blue Get the family plan button.
- Set up your family group if you haven’t already. Then press To continue.
- Finally, make payment to subscribe to the YouTube family plan.
Benefits of the YouTube family plan
Like any other YouTube Premium plan, it offers the following benefits:
- Ad-free content on your mobile device, desktop or TV.
- Download your favorite videos to watch them offline.
- Play videos in the background (here’s how to play YouTube with the screen off without premium).
- YouTube Music Premium; available on mobile and desktop.
- Access to YouTube originals.
- All benefits extend up to 5 family members.
This was to get the YouTube premium family plan which is currently hidden or unavailable on the platform. As mentioned, the plan is still available for access on iOS devices. So if you have one, go ahead and get the subscription. Hope this helps people eager to buy YouTube Premium for their family members. If you have any doubts or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via the comments below.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse telegram group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.